With our state-of-the-art laboratory we are able to test your drinking water for fitness.
We test for the basic parameters for potable water as required by UNBS. We will also perform the sampling upon your request and train you in water testing and water safety.
Simply contact our laboratory manager, Patrick Mulindwa, for more details:
0700 487868 or 0774 698025
We will add reliability to the analysis of your water by professionally sample it. The right procedure, observation of the cool chain, valid results.
Our well trained personnel, high standard equipment, and quality procedures ensure you get the most reliable results. We keep striving to bring the deliver the highest level of services to make you a satisfied customer.
Come and receive hands-on training. Students and professionals get equipped with knowledge and experience in laboratory work. For a small bench fee you can also do your work under the guidance of our lab technician.
We are proud to have a solid range of test equipment that enables us to do analyze samples for physical, chemical, and biological parameters.
- Formation of the Water Research and Development Centre with Dr. Philip Nyenje as coordinator and Patrick Mulindwa as assistant coordinator.
- David Bensel, Austrian consultant supported by German based organization Christian Services International, joins the Water Research and Development Centre. David holds a Bachelors degree in Water Resources Management and a Master of Business Administration.
- Rhodah Nassanga joins the centre as a research assistant.
- Three-year student exchange programme ‘BWS plus’ in cooperation with University of Applied Sciences Rottenburg, Germany, starts. Part of the programme is the training of staff by German laboratory professionals.
- A room is dedicated to the laboratory, structural works start.
- The water laboratory fully equipped to test the basic parameters for potable water as required by UNBS.
- An Enterprise Resource Planning software is established to oversee all the logistical and financial matters of the laboratory.
- Patrick Mulindwa oversees the laboratory as a Manager. Patrick holds a Masters degree in Chemistry from Makerere University.
- Two students from the University of Applied Sciences Rottenburg spent six and three weeks respectively with their NDU counterparts to work on an assessment of drinking water quality on university premisses and in the nearby community.
- Simon Draxl-Weiskopf, Austrian MSc. student of University of Innsbruck, trains the laboratory staff to perform micro biological tests.
- Sulman Muhanguzi, lab technician, employed by the Water Centre. Sulman holds a Bachelors degree of Biomedical Laboratory Technology from Makerere University.
- One student from the University of Applied Sciences Rottenburg spends three months on his Bachelor thesis investigating drinking water quality.
- Schools, individuals, and businesses start to use the laboratory to analyze drinking water.
- A Quality Management System is established to guarantee highest customer satisfaction.
- The Water Laboratory will be officially launched in March 2020.